Call us or email to plan for Nov 2013 through Mar 2014
Rates from $450 per person to $780 per person
What to expect on an Overnight Tour in the Everglades:
- True Wilderness at your fingertips
- Mother Nature’s plan for your experience in the wild!
- Hopefully she will be kind and give you plenty of wildlife; great weather and no mosquitoes
- If Mother Nature has a different plan for your trip expect to be challenged!
- Our guides have many years of experience in the Everglades. They love everything the glades has to offer and ready to share all they know with you!
- Wildlife can include: Alligators, Crocodiles, Flamingos, Manatees, Dolphins, Otters, Osprey, Bald Eagles, Roseate Spoonbills; Red Mangrove snakes, Spiders and more!!!
All Overnight Tours Include:
- Transportation To and From Base
- Camping Permits
- Insect Protection
- Dry Bags
- Canoes & Paddle(s)
- P.F.D.’s / Life Vests
- Sleeping Mat
- Provisions (Food & Water)
- Stove / Fuel
- Ice Chests
- Kitchen Supplies (Pots, Plates, Cups, etc.)
- Safety Gear (First Aid, GPS, etc.)
- Resourceful & Knowledgeable Guide
Say good bye to soggy sandwiches and hot dogs on a stick. Tours in the Glades prides ourselves on creating delicious hearty meals as unique as the Everglades itself! Some of our menu highlights include our:
1) Cast-iron breakfast skillet of dreams is a real southern-style breakfast of champions. The combination of bacon, potatoes, onions, eggs and cheese will make your taste buds explode with deliciousness!
2) Alligator burritos give you the on-of-a-kind chance to be the true Top Predator of the Everglades. Farm raised gator meat along with homemade guacamole and mango salsa made from ingredients we grew in the hostel’s garden will give you a true “Taste of the Everglades”.
3) S’mores are a must! No camping trip is complete without that gooey graham cracker, chocolate, marshmallow combo. If you have any dietary concerns we will be more than happy to accommodate.
Fun Side Note: Since we burn so many calories paddling around, we get to eat whatever we want and never feel guilty!
What to Bring:
Lucky for us canoes give the option of bringing quite a bit of gear. Now you don’t want to bring your little black dress or dancing shoes, we have our dance parties barefoot on the beach!
These are some of the things you will NEED to fully enjoy your time:
- Your own sleeping bag and sleeping pads
(the hostel has some but they are just like our wet walk shoes-awful but will work in a pinch!)
- Bathing Suit (For catching some rays while you paddle) (2)
- Long Pants (Preferably not jeans) (1)
- Long Sleeve Shirt (1)
- Short Sleeve Shirt (2)
- Shorts (1)
- Undergarments (2)
- Rain Coat
- Bug Spray
- Sun Screen (45 SPF & Above)
- Water Bottle (2)
- Favorite Snacks
- Shoes (That will stay on feet)
- Medications (2 sets – Guide will hold onto the second set)
- Toothbrush & Tooth Paste
Other things you may want to bring:
- Wet Wipes (Shower in a box)
- Camp Shoes (Dry shoes)
- Camera (It’s hard to take a bad picture here)
- Ziploc Bags
- Playing Cards
- Your Favorite Novel
Locations and Permits
The Everglades National Park Permitting system only allows permits to be pulled 24 hours before departure into the Back Country and Cape. Even though we are licensed to do business in the park, we get to stand in line with everyone else and experience the same feeling of joy when we get the sites we want and the same of feeling of “Oh well, at least we still get to be in the wild” as everyone else. What we do know is that either on the chickees or on the capes the Everglades is a magical place!
Remember, we will wear our clothing for more than just 1 day. There is no need to bring a set for each. Also don’t worry about being dirty and looking like you have been paddling through the wilderness, we will all smelling funky fresh (without the fresh) together. Our sites have a very luxurious port-a-potty but no running water or electric so shampoo, bubble bath, blenders, lap tops and video games will just make your boat heavier to paddle.
A Release of Liability must be signed to participate in everglades tours or rentals. You can download a copy Here.
Call us at (800) 372 – 3874 | (305) 248 – 1122 for availability, departure and return times.
All details and activities are decided by your guide on the day of the tour. Tours will go out in less than perfect weather condition.
Quick links to more Everglades Tours: